Saturday, September 28, 2013

September 27,  2013

So there's this korean saying "I speak as much Korean as a rat's
tail." And when white people say it with the equivilant of a Korean
southern accent, they think it's HILARIOUS. We make our native Koreans
here crack up everyday using it. That and saying other funny Korean
words.

Well it's time! We leave for Korean at 3:30am Monday morning! Woohoo!
I can't wait. So excited. And the best part? I can teach so many
people on the way.....in ENGLISH! I want to talk to tons of people at
the airport, resteraunts, and on the plane. It's a little
intimidating, but I know for certain that if you have the faith to
open your mouth, it will be filled. If you show your trust in God by
even just trying, he will be right there to help. So I'm setting
specific number goals of people to talk to. I've got tons of pass
along cards and pamphlets! LET"S GO! So many new friends to make, so
many people I could help!

And when I get to Korea, I can't wait to talk to people! I know my
Korean is pretty much awful. But I love them so much that my poor
Korean won't matter too much. I love Koreans. I love the gospel. And I
can't wait to open my mouth.

We've been able to teach lessons to people in Korea via Skype for the
past couple weeks. SO COOL. Koreans are so nice, and so forgiving with
their language. And you can still feel the spirit so strongly even
over the internet.

Quick super cool experience:
Elder South and I were tracting and we found this new investigator,
Brother Paul. He was really only curious about the church and "crazy
mormons." He had read a lot of stuff online and thought we were super
funny. In our second lesson, he was asking some really hard questions
about priesthood and ordinances and kept laughing about Joseph Smith
and his "so many wives!" I suddenly felt prompted to share the Joseph
Smith story. When I started to share the first vision, he stopped
laughing. I stumbled through it, slowly, partly from memory. But when
I finished the spirit was so strong. Elder South testified that we
knew this thing really happened. I asked Brother Paul how he felt. He
had no words. He was literally confounded. All his anti mormon
feelings from before were gone. He finally stammered out that he felt
something different. The power of the first vision was so strong that
it changed his heart. The Spirit touched him so tenderly that his
doubts melted and his felt the beginnings of faith. It was an
incredible experience.

The Joseph Smith story is true. We can't 'run through the sacred
grove. When we share his account with authority and conviction, it
will invite the spirit like nothing else. It is true. It really
happened. God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ really did appear
to Joseph Smith. And we can know that it happened. All we have to do
is ask God, in the name of Christ, with faith, and he will tell us
through the Holy Ghost.

I love this work! There is nothing better! I can't wait for Korea! I
can't wait to keep working hard! I love getting better everyday. I am
certainly an unworthy, weak, and unprofitable servant. But the Lord
stills sees fit to use me, improve me, and bless me with his spirit.

I love you all and pray for you!

Elder Rosenberg

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can create short links with Shortest and get money from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete