Monday, June 30, 2014

they that be with us are more than they that be with them

June 30,  2014

A great week, full of surprises! One of the best, my new name tag
finally came! After 9 months of waiting, my baby is here! English and
Korean. Yes.


We got a surprise call to Seoul. Picked it all up and hustled over
there. A really sweet guest speaker came to speak to our mission, PJ
Rogers. I'll talk about him in a sec. But we also got to go to the
temple! Such an unexpected blessing. I was thinking I'd wait 4 of 5
months until I went again. WOOHOO!

The other night, I had finished my prayer and slipped into bed. I
specifically remember because it was so hot. Then I wake up, on my
knees, praying for investigators that don't exist, ones I'd just
dreamed up. They had specific needs, and I was pleading for them!
hahahah. I hope the Lord knows I'm being diligent.

I got to meet the other Elders' baptismal candidate this week. I felt
prompted to read 3 Nephi 11 with him. WOW. The spirit was so strong as
this brother haltingly read the words

  "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come
into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world;
and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given
me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the
world,in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all
things from the beginning."

WOW. So amazing. It hit him. It hit the other elder. It hit me. Jesus
Christ IS He whom the prophets have testified of. He IS our savior,
redeemer, our loving older brother. He glorified the Father, He drunk
the bitter cup, He suffered all, for us. I know that will all my
heart.
And that investigator is getting baptized this week!!!

PJ Rogers. One of the best foreign korean speakers. He was a
missionary here, married a korean, then did a masters and phd program
at the Yale of korea, in korean. WHOA. Super funny, really inspiring.
He taught us a ton about korean culture, the incredibly huge
difference between western and eastern thinking, and some other good
stuff. Amazing.

Sorry, little time this week. But it's a great week of miracles.
Work hard, receive blessings, progress!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment