Monday, September 22, 2014

The Windows of Heaven

September 22,  2014


-my district! SOOO many koreans.
-by the palace!

Ahhh it's been an incredible week. The Lord truly opened the windows of heaven and poured out blessings we couldn't even receive. We met so many people, taught the first lessons a surprising amount of times and picked up a bunch of new investigators. 

--Jay-oong: he works for his church, but LOVED the Joseph Smith story. Real intent, sincerity, he's got it down. But he's convinced that he's going to see God like JS did.....
--Jun-Ri: Golden chinese! 
-Hyeung-Jae: His name is the same word as "Brother: So we call him "Brother Brother." He's suchhh a brother though. Parties, smokes, drinks, lives in the world. But recognizes that it doesn't bring him happiness. 
--Several more. To put it in perspective: we got more investigators this week than our whole district had in the past couple months. 

It definitely wasn't us. It was the Lord deciding to grant us success. But it certainly helps that my companion is such a champ. Elder Lee is so excited and so prepared to do missionary work. He's been here for less than a month but he acts like he's been here a year! 

We're working hard with the members, visiting them and role play with them: how to invite their friends to activities. They're so fun to be with. 

I had a GREAT sunday this week. The gospel doctrine teacher is super old, had every church calling, and is currently int eh temple presidency. So his lessons are incredible. I don't understand it all, but what I get blows my mind. And a member lent me his tablet for elders quorum so I could read the lesson in english. Wow. Most I've ever got out of church before! 
"The supreme act of worship is to keep the commandments, to follow in the footsteps of the son of God, to do ever the things that please Him."--Joseph Fielding Smith

And I gave a talk. That was fun. Practiced a bunch, prayed like the dickens, and it went okay. The lady who went after me got up and spent the first few minutes talking about my face. "He has such a nice face and looks just soooo happy." Hope they liked the content of my talk too.....

LOVE MY LIFE. Love korea. Love my companion. It's all so great. 

The Lord is certainly blessing us here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment