Monday, October 13, 2014

Missionary Eyes

Elder Lee and I at a sweeet park

October 13,  2014

I've realized this week that as missionaries, we see the world in a
way that few others do. We spend all day, everyday talking to people.
One day we're on the street, trying to help homeless men with no where
to sleep. Then the next we're teaching english to millionaires and
high level government officials. We walk the fields, and we ride in
luxury sedans. We teach people in basement sweatshops. We visit little
girls with leukemia in massive hospitals.

Such a unique view. But it also me to testify with surety that the
principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ can help EVERYONE. The
principles of happiness are the same, no matter your situation. Live
as He lived, love as He loved, serve as He served. His way is the only
way to peace in this life, and salvation in the next.

Also had a really interesting conversation with an atheist man this
week. He was trying to convince us that without seeing God, we could
never believe or really know. But our knowledge of God doesn't come
from our 5 senses. It supersedes our natural senses. We learn from the
Holy Ghost, a manifestation, spirit to spirit. And that is a witness
more powerful than sight. It's something I cannot deny. Alma saw an
angel, he heard voices, he had incredible experiences with his
physical senses.

But in Alma 5, when he bears his testimony, he says "I say unto you
they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have
fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself.
And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath
made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit"

The witness of the Holy Ghost is a witness more powerful than sight.

Love you all! Hope you loved conference as much as I did. So much
revelation. So many answers. Such a spirit. They are men of God, we
would do well to heed their counsel.

Elder Rosenberg

1 comment:

  1. when people tell me they have to see God to believe in Him, I ask them if they can see the wind, or gravity. How can they know the wind is real if they can't see it? They feel it. It's the same. The Holy Ghost allows us to feel what is real.

    I so enjoy your blogs!

    ReplyDelete