Monday, February 9, 2015

It's not where you serve, but how!

February 6,  2015

Obviously korea's the BEST place to serve, but regardless of where,
it's how that matters most.

We went to the Korean War Museum after the temple this week.
Incredible experience. Really gained a greater appreciation for the
people of this country. Despite a long history of occupation and war
and ruin, they've preserved a very unique language and culture. And
despite being totally devastated not too many years ago, they've
become one of the world's strongest economic powers. WOW. Sacrifice of
the individual for society, diligence, hard work, the desire for
unity. Makes a lot more sense now. oh, how I love this place and this
people.

Exchanges with the assistants to the president! I got to go with my
trainer, Elder Jeong Ji-Ho. He goes home in a week. It felt like I was
a new missionary again, except I could understand what was going on.
Ah so fun. Learned so much. He's such a good teacher.

Fun News! Elder South is leaving tonight to report to the office as
the new AP! Sister Christensen called me the AP trainer yesterday.
Yes, he's the second of probably 3 who will go AP. But it's sad! We
served for longer in the MTC together. I've learned so much from him,
different proselyting styles, gained a great motivation to study
korean, learned to better interpret and analyze stats. AHhhh. But the
mission needs him for than I do... alas....

Stake conference was great this week. Really felt the spirit and
received SO much revelation. A returned missionary spoke and it was
super powerful: The command to open your mouth is not a command to
just go and proselyte more. It's a command to be happy, to be filled
with the spirit, to feel God's love. When we open our mouths, we are
HAPPY!

This transfer, I've opened my mouth more than ever, we've talked to
SOOO many people. And you know what? I am SUPER HAPPY! I've come to
know even more surely that this IS His work. Christ does live and he
does love us. This is His restored church. Every day that fact becomes
more sure in my mind.

Love you all!
Elder Rosenberg


Korean War Memorial


Tacky Tourists

1 comment:

  1. Your posts always cheer up my whole day! Thanks for opening your mouth and sharing!

    ReplyDelete