Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter!

April 6,  2015

This week was great! I've been a little off my game the past few
weeks, not really sure what, but just not 100%. Interesting to
recognize that the natural man will always be a struggle. We will
always be tempted to do less than our best. Of course 90% now is still
way better than 100% a few transfers ago. But that doesn't matter. The
Lord wants my all. I need to ALWAYS give 100%.

Just grateful that I could see myself getting a little better each day
this week. Lots of prayer, lots of repentance, lots of hard work.

Had a fun day this week. All our appointments canceled, and it rained.
Sooo.....one of those lovely 12pm to 9pm street contacting days,
interrupted only by an hour dinner break. Well, there weren't a lot of
people to talk to in the rain, but we talked with everyone that
decided to venture outside! All 141 of them. So fun. We focused on
really trying to teach on the street. We had role played sharing a
teaching a lesson in comp study, but then the appointment canceled.
So, we taught the whole thing to a guy on the street. Super cool. Like
Sister Christensen taught us, "We don't role play just to practice, we
role play to receive revelation." As we applied the revelation we have
received in role play, it truly softened that man's heart.

A sister got baptized this week! One of our recent converts referred
his girlfriend and baptized her on sunday! NICE. "No matter how bad my
day was, whenever I came to church or met the missionaries, I always
left with peace in my heart."

Fun time translating for the Sister Christensen's relatives that came
to visit Sunday. Just sat behind them and translated sacrament
meeting. Wow. Tough. And a lot of testimonies were great in korean,
but in english/western thinking, were really really weird. Like the
detailed description of a beggar with no arms or legs. Fun though.

At the end, I got up and bore my testimony. Just a simple witness of
Jesus Christ, His resurrection, and the joy of sharing His gospel. For
the 5 foreigners there, I finished my testimony in english. Wow. There
is something so powerful about being able to testify in your native
language. But even speaking english made me realize how hard it is to
convey in words the things I believe.

I think the words of hymn express it better:

Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

Love you all!
Elder Rosenberg
--the new mormon website is incredible. http://beta.mormon.org/

--the baptism!

sometimes I feel like that too......hardcore days......

No comments:

Post a Comment