Monday, June 15, 2015

100hr adventure

Here I sit, blinking blearily at the computer monitor, trying not to
let my head hit the key board.....

HA. Kidding. It's been a great week! Yes, way tiring. Much so. But
easier than I thought'd it would be. It worked out to 14.5hrs of
proselyting/teaching everyday. I haven't felt this sleepy since
highschool, when I sit down/stop moving, I start nodding. Also, korean
is like one of those old cars, it doesn't get started too early in the
morning. The first 5 people you talk to at 630am have no idea what I'm
saying. But then you get warmed up and cruiseeee! Sure, half the
people you talk to are half asleep too, but you meet sooo many people
you'd never have see otherwise. And you find SO many more people. Our
zone doubled it's contacts to 4556 people met this week, between 11
companionships. YEAH!

Learned a lot though.....you need to exercise/eat right otherwise your
body is NOT happy. And I will never look at those sacred hours of
morning gospel study the same. Those are inspired, God gifted hours.
NEVER waste them.

The biggest thing though: The Lord strengthens us. We CAN work that
hard. 100hr week is a LOT. But almost our entire zone did it! And when
we go to the edge, there's nothing but the Lord to hold you up. And He
DOES.

It's been the funnest week of my mission. This is just such a
wonderful work. Elder Smith goes home tomorrow. It was a good way to
go out. I'm sooo lucky to still have a while left. There's just
nothing like this.

1 Nephi 20:10--For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in
the furnace of affliction.
Isa. 40:31--But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their
strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run,
and not be weary;and they shall walk, and not faint.

Christ lives. This is His church, His work. His power is behind us.



No comments:

Post a Comment